What is Radio Frequency Treatment?
Radio Frequency is a revolutionary treatment that firms, tightens and lifts the skin, all without having to go under the knife. The treatment is non-invasive so it is ideal for those who either don’t want, or do not believe they are old enough for surgical procedures. Favoured by celebrities such as Amanda Holden and Mel B, Radio Frequency is gaining lots of followers and could soon replace Botox™ as the wrinkle remover of choice.
Unlike other ‘non-surgical facelift’ treatments on the market, Radio Frequency actually stimulates the skin’s own natural renewal of collagen, resulting in smoother, tighter and younger looking skin. And the best thing is – Radio Frequency delivers great, visible results from the very first treatment.
The treatment is suitable for everybody, especially those looking to target fine lines and wrinkles or excess skin.
How Does Radio Frequency Treatment Work?
Radio Frequency is a relaxing treatment that involves the application of a cosmetic gel and a warm wand passing over the skin in sweeping circular motions. The wand gently heats the lower levels of the skin to approximately 40°c; this tricks the brain into thinking there has been a potential injury and stimulates a healing response. This in turn causes increased collagen production and tightening of elastin fibres. The tightening of elastin fibres is instant meaning the skin appears tighter and lifted from the first treatment. The gentle heat also promotes fat cell reduction.
A course of 6 treatments is recommended for optimum results. Ideally this should be 2 treatments per week for 3 weeks. After completion of your course it is recommended to have a maintenance session every 4-6 weeks.
You will continue to see results for up to 3 months after the treatment course has ended. This is perfectly normal as it can take the collagen time to reproduce. The results of Radio Frequency can last for up to 2 years.
There are 4 Simple Steps to the Radio Frequency Treatment
- Client consultation. The Therapist will determine your individual needs and devise a treatment plan to help target any areas of concern. A treatment course will involve 6 treatments ideally 2 per week for 3 weeks.
- Cleanse and gel application. The therapist will cleanse the skin to clear away any make-up and dirt. They will then apply a conductive gel to the area to be treated, as this will help the wand glide over the skin smoothly & effortlessly.
- Radio Frequency, Treat and Target. A warm wand will be moved over the skin systematically ensuring an equal amount of time is spent treating all areas, warming the skin to approximately 40°. The therapist will then use the wand to focus on any areas of concern to ensure optimum results.
- Moisturise with SPF. After the treatment a simple moisturiser containing an SPF of minimum 15 will be applied to the skin to replenish the moisture and keep skin protected.
The Benefits of Radio Frequency Treatment
There are many benefits of the Radio Frequency treatment which has led to the treatments increasing popularity and celebrity following, with the likes of Kylie Minogue, Amanda Holden and Mel B now favouring the treatment over injectables.
A course of Radio Frequency treatments will help to lift, firm and tighten skin by aiding the skin’s own ability to produce collagen and elastin. Skin concerns including fine lines and wrinkles, sagging skin & acne scarring are targeted. Post treatment your skin will continue to improve thanks to increased collagen and elastin production.
Radio Frequency is quick, convenient and painless, immediately revealing tighter, younger looking skin, all without the cost and pain of cosmetic procedures promising similar results.
What Does Radio Frequency Treat?
Most people believe that Radio Frequency is just a facial treatment but that’s not the case. Radio Frequency can be used to treat a great number of areas and conditions over the body.
Common Treatment Areas Include:
- Around the eyes
Radio Frequency Treatment FAQs
What Are the Benefits of RF over other treatments?
- It’s non-invasive; no needles or knives involved!
- There’s no down-time after the treatment meaning you can get straight back to your day
- It uses the body’s own natural healing abilities to gain results
- The treatment is painless
- It helps with muscle tone- Injectables and fillers can actually damage and reduce muscle tone. Radio Frequency actually improves muscle tone meaning it is better for you in the long run
- Long lasting results- while injectable and filler results can last for around 3-4 months, improvements with Radio Frequency can be seen for up to 3 months with results lasting for up to 2 years
How quickly will I see results?
You should see results from your first treatment. The treatment is progressive so you will continue to see even better results after each treatment. After completion of your course you can continue to see results for up to 3 months.
Which areas can be treated?
Radio Frequency is effective on most areas of the face and body with loose or sagging skin. The face and neck are the most popular treatment areas however Radio Frequency can also be used on the stomach, arms, thighs & hips, to name a few.
Is the treatment painful?
The treatment should feel very warming on the skin but not painful. Most people find the treatment very relaxing and pleasant. The therapist will always ask for your feedback to ensure the treatment is enjoyable and not uncomfortable.
Are there any side effects to the treatment?
After the treatment, the skin may feel tight with mild redness. Therefore it is important that you use a good moisturiser. These effects normally subside within 36 hours of treatment.
I have suffered from reactions to other facials, will this be the same with The RF?
Radio Frequency treatment uses a sterile gel to improve contact with the skin. The gel is widely used in the medical industry and is not known to have any allergenic properties however your therapist will provide a patch test on the relevant area before commencing a full course of treatment.